How important are hunters for Maine’s economy?
Hunting specifically supports thousands of jobs, both rural and urban, across the state of Maine, and our goal is to provide a unified voice for all of these stakeholders. Hunting Works For Maine will monitor public policy decisions and weigh in on hunting-related issues that impact Maine jobs.
$213 million spent annually.
- 181,000 people hunt in Maine each year.
- Of those hunters, 40,000 are from out of state.
- Maine hunters spend $102 million on trip-related expenditures.
- Hunters in Maine spend over $60 million on hunting equipment. Each hunter spends an average of $1,100 a year in Maine.
- Hunter spending translates to nearly $120 million in salaries and wages.
- Hunting in Maine supports nearly 4,000 Maine jobs.
- Hunters generate $28 million in state and local taxes.
$363 million ripple effect.